BoneYard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoneYard

Best Rs-Ps

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Port forwarding

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Here is how to port forward i made it mainly for glabay but should help others also:

Start of guide:

Click on start- Control panel- windows security

then under "manage security settings for (it should be on bottom)" click windows firewall

Then click on the "exceptions tab" and click "add port"

make the name the server ip "bone-yard.servegame.com" and make port 43954 and select TCP

Then do same thing again but this time select UDP (you mite need to change name to like bone-yard.servegame.com its fine)

Now you have allowed the ports in your firewall

Now go to Start- Run- type cmd

Now in command prompt type in ipconfig and hit enter

now youll see abunch of numbers, write down your routers "default gateway" ip

Now go to your internet browser and in the url box paste the ip you just wrote down

Now youll see a login box appear

The username is usually "admin" and password is usually "password"

If this doesnt work try username and password both being "admin"

If it still doesnt work try username "root" and password "admin

if this dont work try "root" as user and "password" as pass

IF THIS STILL DONT WORK try user as "root" and pass as "root"

If you still cannot get it you then need to go to your router, it is usually written on the bottom along with the model number
If it is not then try and find your routers guide book and it will definitely be in there, if its not then you bought a crap router lol.

Now you should see your routers home page with tons of pages to go to on the left or right.

Find Port fowarding

It mite be under the advanced tab (it is on mine) but eventually you should find it

Click on it

It should look something like this:

Port forwarding 70170516cg0

You should add the IP in the box shown, i added it in 6 different boxes, i added the ext. port and int. port both to 43594 in every box, then you want to Select UDP in one of them, Select TCP in another, Select Both UDP and TCP in another, then repeat that for the other 3, For the ip you should already see your IP there but with a blank space at the end (like mine), i added 3 of the boxes with 3 and the other 3 with 9 as you can see. This should allow you for sure to always allow people to connect to only your server through the port 43594.

I hope this helped and if you have any questions just post here.
-Demon-

Last edited by Demon on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Glabay
Owner
Owner
Glabay

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:04 pm

nice man if I have to do my pf again I will use this tut, Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://htthttps://oldboneyard.forumotion.com/

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:15 pm

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner>cmd
'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner>ipconfig
'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any idea?
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:21 pm

U didnt follow instructions. You go to the start menu then hit the "run" program then you type in cmd then hit enter then in command prompt you type in ipconfig and hit enter
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Run isnt on my start menu.
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:27 pm

What operating system do you have? Vista or XP? cause i wrote this for XP, for vista it should still be there though,
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:32 pm

well i have windows XP But Vista skin so im guessing XP
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:48 pm

Well it should be there, when u click start button its on the right
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:43 am

It used to be but i took it off Because i was messing with my options and stuff :S
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:53 pm

nice this should help alot of people, i may try to make a rsps.
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 pm

Nice tut this will really help alot of people keep up the good work you are a good admin Smile
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Frost, it means your computer isnt recognizing that command happend to me to but i forgot how to fix ill try to figure out how.
btw demon it dousnt make a difference if you go to start>run>cmd or Start>all programs>accesories>command prompt.
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: wow tht help!!   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:59 pm

thx
Back to top Go down

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:39 pm

nice tut a lot of people starting have trouble with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Port forwarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port forwarding   Port forwarding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Port forwarding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BoneYard :: Guides :: Code Tuts-
Jump to: